Monday, October 24, 2011

What a great Sunday

That was an incredible Sunday.  Especially if you are an Arsenal supporter.  A good victory over Stoke City, United were thumped 6-1 over City, and not only a Chelsea defeat but Didier Drogba is suspended for the next three games which includes the Arsenal game next week.  Some how some way he finds a way to destroy the Arsenal defense.  I know what your saying that's not very hard, but he seems to do it effortlessly instead of the slow build up of other players.  Drogba and Park Ji-Sung, the Manchester United midfielder, the two players who beat us seemingly every time.  Ashley Cole also picked up a 1 game suspension but I don't know if it will be served next week.
I don't know who the announcers were for the Stoke v. Arsenal game yesterday, but they were just awful yesterday.  Every Arsenal supporter knows that Nasri and Cesc Fabergas left in the summer.  Shocking I know.  I assure you we know our midfield would be dramatically improved with those two players.  Their leaving probably contributed to the extremely slow start to the season, we KNOW.  I'm tired of hearing about it.  No matter how much money we offered Cesc, he didn't want to stay.  He wanted to go back home to Spain.  I can respect that.  That isn't a failing of Arsenal.  Nasri is a different case.  He or those around him thought he was better than what he was and some came along and offered to treble his wages and he took it.  Most people would have.  With that being said he really wasn't important last season.  After his really strong beginning he faded like the rest of the team towards the end.  He had a bright three months in an Arsenal shirt and then went to City.
I guess the biggest problem I have is that Arsenal don't win, the other time just didn't do as well.  Take the 1-0 win on Wednesday against Olympic Marseille  in the Champions League.  Aaron Ramsey scores the goal in extra time to win the game, oh Marseille were unlucky in that game.  If it's Manchester United, oh that United team were industrious, scrapping to the last second.  They have a never say die attitude.  That same is said for every team seemingly except Arsenal.  I haven't figured out why that is.  With the events of the weekend, I've noticed that Arsenal aren't a story unless they're losing.  The questions that can't be answered I guess, but listening to those announcers yesterday it seems were reading from a sheet or they are the talking points they have to discuss to death.
And now for something completely different.  Over the past couple of week have been simply delightful for me, I have a new computer.  Gone are the days of a slow laptop who's power chord had to be positioned a certain way to keep it running.  A new era of a faster machine with more RAM and memory and the coolest thing of all...two monitors.  One of the monitors is my TV which in itself is cool.  This new set up allows me to watch two games at the same time.  No long will I have to chose what game to watch or I wonder what is going on in the other game.  So on Sunday I got to watch the Arsenal but also the Manchester derby at the same time.  As a football fan this is truly living.  I'm enjoying myself every weekend and some Tuesdays and Wednesdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment