Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Beginning

I live in the United States and I'm a fan of total football.  The club I follow the occasional Tuesday or Wednesday and every weekend is Arsenal. F.C. Barcelona, when Arsenal is not playing and Ajax occassionally.

That said I'll watch any game I can, except the MLS for some reason.  Why can't the MLS have an English feed for their games.  I could see a CONCACAF Champions League in Mexico to be in spanish but not a regular season game.

Not living in Europe I feel affords me the outsider position on many topics like, Yes Barcelona are really that good and Manchester United really weren't that great of a team last year, and whats up with Real Madrid the past couple of weeks? 

Is it me or does it seem that Karim Benzema what's to play the Wayne Rooney role but he's the only striker so it doesn't work.  Benzema gets the ball too deep on the pitch and when Madrid do get the ball in an attacking position he's not there to do the the one thing he was brought in to do score goals.

One more thing Manchester City is not in the same ballpark as FC Barcelona.  Man City is stuck in traffic an the way to the ballpark.  Buying the best players does not replicate time.  The core Barcelona players have been playing together for 10 years, Man City 10 minutes.

And Arsenal youth set up can't be that far behind Barcelona.  Cesc looks like he never left. 

1 comment:

  1. your posting brought back memories from when my youngest son lived at home & was an avid soccer (football) fan.

    ReplyDelete